Monday 8 October 2012

October Flash - Day 7

The Flash Fiction Project at Google+ has something new going on!  There will be a visual prompt for every day in October, and I'm going to try to write a (very) short piece for it every day as well. Due to time zone differences, I'll try writing and posting mine early in the morning, so it's a day after the original post for me, but still the same for them.

Let the fun begin! Here is the prompt for today:


"All right, now you stay here and keep an eye on the camera."
"Sure, no problem. Jason? Where did you go?"
"I'm up here!"
"But... How did you do that?!"
"I can move fast if I have to, and the timer does only 30 seconds max."
"You never told me you could do that!"
"I showed you now, didn't I?"
"... Don't touch me!"
"What?"
"I mean, what are you? Some kind of superhero? Or the villain?"
"Nothing like that."
"But... what else is there?"
"There's just me. Listen, honey, I didn't tell you because I didn't want to scare you off. It's not my fault I have this... talent or condition or whatever. I only use it very rarely."
"So, you don't use it to do good and you don't use it to do bad? You just don't use it?"
"That's right."
"Except for yourself."
"What?"
"You're a selfish idiot, Jason, wasting a talent like that!"
"Wha–, but... Hey! Where are you going?"
"I'm leaving you, Jason."
"Just because I don't want to wear a silly costume and save stranger's lives?"
"Oh, no. Just because you could conquer the world but are apparently too lazy to do so. Goodbye, Jason."

No comments:

Post a Comment